Brandon Ives: The Discipline of Silence

« Home | Oh Dennis... » | Thou shalt... » | Thought's on VT Shooting » | Teresa of Avila » | Nationals 2, Braves 0 » | Sally... » | French train smashes world speed record » | Quote » | » | From Christianity Today Article by Philip Yancey » 

May 2, 2007 

The Discipline of Silence

The spiritual discipline of silence should be used far more than it is by pastors. How many great church fathers took vows of silence? Many did. And did they have so little to say? So many people fail to see the value of this practice. What if these church fathers had continued to speak? What great voices would not have emerged?
As a pastor, one of my great fears is exposed by the silence of my congregation while I speak. What great peice of wisdom am I muffling? What insight do I cover up with my ignorance? Silence should be practiced daily, most often when you are not alone...

Brandon Ives is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health