Brandon Ives: Blessing of the Hands

« Home | So I thought this was funny... » | Happy Mothers Day » | Francis Chan » | Why Tim Tebow Works... » | Thought this was cool... » | John Chandler's 3 Good Minutes » | Now » | Proud to be Virginia Baptist... » | Newsletter Article » | A place that holds my wife's heart... » 

May 14, 2010 

Blessing of the Hands

This afternoon I participated in a service blessing the hands of health care workers in one of our local clinics. It was a privilege serving the nurses and doctors in this way and I pray that their work will be blessed by God in this coming year.

I thought that I would share our prayer and some words read today by Saint Francis.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
Where there is sadness, joy
O Divine Master
Grand that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console
To be understood, as to understand
To be loved, as to love
For it is in giving that we receive
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
It is in dying that we are born into Eternal Life.
In His Name, Amen.
Saint Francis

May you be blessed with a spirit of gentleness and a heart that is tender. May you be blessed with a spirit of strength shining within you. May you be blessed with a spirit of compassion and a fervent caring. May you be blessed with a spirit of courage, daring to be who you are. May you be blessed with a spirit of openness, understanding, and respect. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Labels: , , ,

Brandon Ives is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health